Underwriting Assistant – Brookfield WI
Job posted: 11/1/2015
Location: Brookfield, WI Office
Provides technical and administrative support to the underwriting department in order to facilitate continuous and efficient workflow.
- Assist the Underwriters by data entering group, plan and member information in order to obtain manual rates for prospects, renewals and changes to in force plans.
- Prepare proposals, contract documents, Paid Up Life benefit calculations and experience exhibits.
- Perform new case set-up and preliminary underwriting checks of initial material and census data.
- Obtain statistical reports from trust carriers and systems as required for renewals.
- Annually verify participation levels to determine Medical Underwriting needs.
- Respond appropriately to requests from Sales/Service for adjusting groups coverage in accordance with Underwriting policy.
- Develop an in depth knowledge of contract provisions, insurance law and underwriting policy corresponding to benefits provided.
- Adhere to the Employee code of Ethics.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree to include course working in Math, Statistics, Insurance and Business or the equivalent as gained through related underwriting experience.
- Effective oral and written communications skills are essential.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability, organization skills and analytical ability.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions, position responsibilities, and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
We offer competitive compensation, a great benefits package and a relaxed work environment. For immediate consideration, we invite you to fax or mail your resume and salary expectations to:
Email Human Resources
Fax: (262) 814-1225
ATTN: Human Resources
National Insurance Services
250 S. Executive Drive, Suite 300
Brookfield, WI 53005
Equal Opportunity Employer