Account Representative Manager – Minnesota OfficeFebruary 21, 2020
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Vice President, this position is responsible for the sale of Retirement Income Products to school districts and municipalities in the Wisconsin Region. This position will be responsible for prospecting, developing and positioning NIS as a trusted advisor for Retiree benefits. This position will be based out of our Brookfield, WI office.
- Responsible for direct sales to accounts within the designated State.
- Evaluate prospective customers’ benefit plans including service arrangements and current coverages.
- Make regular sales calls to customers to develop long-term relationships.
- Provide ongoing service to a handful of our RI accounts.
- Oversees new case implementation.
- Meet established sales quotas and revenue goals and Cross-sell new products into the group.
- Document material client/prospect interactions in CRM.
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in the group benefit insurance industry.
- WI life and health insurance licenses and Series 6 & 63 licenses required.
- Ability to read and understand insurance contract language.
- Ability to travel 70% of the time and accommodation of overnight stays several times per month.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including formal presentation skills before both small and large groups.
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving and negotiation with special emphasis on closing the sale.
- Self-driven, motivated and results-oriented.
- Ability to analyze and identify problems, offer proposed solutions and implement the agreed-upon solution.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks, and demands.
- A high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to demonstrate poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Proficiency in MS Office products and an aptitude to learn new programs.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to travel by vehicle for long periods of time.
- Position is primarily sedentary in nature with relatively equal amounts of sitting, standing, and walking.
- Infrequent light physical effort may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.