You will report directly to the National Account Representative Manager. This position supports National Insurance Services & our insurance/financial partners by providing quality & proactive service for our clients and identifying additional growth opportunities. Must be able to work independently & within a team environment, which includes but is not limited to the regional Vice President, other regional Sales and Service personnel, internal departments within National Insurance Services, & with our partner carriers.
This position supports the entire range of Retirement Income products, including Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs), Health Savings Accounts (HSAs), 403(b) Special Pay Plans, Trust, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), 3121 plans, and 403(b) TPA compliance services ensuring that the clients’ needs and expectations are exceeded.
We are preferably looking for candidates based in MN or WI. Most of the account responsibility will be based in MN & the western half of WI. There will also be potential required service responsibilities for our clients in IN, MI, & PA as well, which would require travel to those states. This position will require 30-50% dedicated in-person travel.
- Provide service and support to assigned groups through calls and onsite visits as outlined in a prescribed schedule. Document all contact in CRM. Performance will partially be based on the number of calls and onsite visits completed.
- Ensure current plan documents are up to date and consistent with current IRS regulations and/or ACA through reviewing existing plans with clients and identifying necessary amendments where applicable. Prepare and execute amendments as needed based on plan design and regulatory changes.
- Implement new cases, including preparing and executing the plan documents, peering to ensure accurate plan set-up, and facilitating an implementation call with the client to ensure a smooth transition from the sales to service team.
- Identify additional sales opportunities and track in CRM to help drive business growth. Work independently and collaboratively with the sales team to discuss opportunities and additional applications with the client.
- Serve as a liaison between clients and the internal service teams to ensure clients’ questions are answered and any issues resolved.
- Conduct employee and retiree meetings to educate participants about the plans.
- Serve as a compliance liaison. Provide compliance information to clients and identify and research compliance issues.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in the group insurance/financial industry.
- Two years of experience in a customer service environment, preferably in an employee benefits related capacity or any combination of education and/or experience that would provide the equivalent background.
- Health and Life Insurance licenses preferred or the ability to obtain the licenses within 2 months of the hire date.
- Securities licenses Series 6 and 63 preferred or the ability to obtain the licenses within 6 months of the hire date.
- Experience working with HRA, HSA, Trust, and FSA plans.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat. Proven capacity to learn in-house software programs and master new applications quickly.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and ability to read/interpret complex policy language.
- Proven ability to research complex issues and develop comprehensive solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written command of the English language, as this job requires constant oral and written communication with clients.
- Outstanding relationship building abilities
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to break down and relay complex insurance language to clients.
- Willingness to take initiative and excel in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple, competing demands.
- Ability to work and make decisions independently as well as work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Consistent daily attendance and the ability to work overtime occasionally at the last minute.