National Insurance Services is growing, and we are adding to our Customer Service team! We’re looking for a highly motivated, self-starting individual with excellent Customer Service skills and a desire to work in an upbeat environment to join our experienced team.
NIS has upheld the high standards and family values the company was founded on in 1969 with a dedication to strong ethics, teamwork, determination, optimism, and community involvement. We are committed to doing the right thing for our clients, partners, employees, and the community.
Under the supervision of the Customer Service Manager, this position provides quality and timely customer service to the Full Benefit Consulting clients of National Insurance Services and technical and administrative support to the Medical Account Managers, Full Benefit Consultants, Sales Representatives, and Regional Vice President for the assigned region(s).
This position will require the attainment of a Life & Health insurance license for each of the states in the assigned region.
Ask me about our Work from Home options!
- Upon the sale of a case, communicates with customers to obtain enrollment materials and collaborates with the Underwriting and Billing departments to complete new case implementation.
- Handle all aspects of review and distribution of plan documents (Joinder/Application, Certificates, and Amendments).
- Effectively service assigned caseload through annual service calls. Proactively identify the need for insurance policy revisions through service calls. Support Account Managers, Full Benefits Consultants, Sales Representatives, and Regional Vice President by handling action items identified in service visits.
- Respond to frequent customer inquiries via telephone (inbound and outbound), e-mail, or letter. Counsel clients on appropriate administrative practices to ensure compliance and alignment with insurance policy language.
- Initiate requests for policy language updates to carriers. Negotiate with carrier for provision updates and/or rate impact, and effectively communicate rate impact and policy language accommodations to Regional Vice President, Full Benefit Consultants, Sales Representatives, Account Managers, or client.
- Assist in implementation/renewal of third-party Benefit Admin systems, as requested by clients.
- Review and evaluate monthly renewal actions for assigned cases and prepare renewal letters. Collaborate with Account Representatives, Sales Representatives, or Regional Vice presidents for renewal delivery to the client.
- Maintain and update all systems databases and customer files per company guidelines.
- Collaborate with Customer Service Manager to identify opportunities for process improvement or service enhancements.
- Two years experience in customer service, preferably in an employee benefits-related capacity.
- Proven experience working with medical insurance plans preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret insurance policy language, and effectively communicate policy language and intent to customers.
- Demonstrated analytical skills. Must have a high aptitude for problem identification, investigation, and resolution.
- Must possess a high level of positive interpersonal skills and negotiation skills. Exhibit poise, tact, and diplomacy both to internal and external customers.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat. Proven capacity to learn software programs developed in-house.
- Attention to detail in interpreting, composing, and proofreading written materials.
- Excels in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple, competing demands. Possesses excellent organizational skills.
$52,500 + Bonus potential