Client Relations – Brookfield, WI OfficeOctober 6, 2023
Client Relations – Brookfield, WI OfficeOctober 6, 2023
Internal Auditor – Brookfield, WI Office
Under the direct supervision of the Billing Manager, conducts client enrollment and premium audits either at the request of the Manager or carriers for which NIS collects premium. In addition, conducts internal audits of completed enrollments and premium applications to review for accuracy and adherence to the company’s internal billing practices and procedures and makes recommendations for the correction and/or improvement of such practices and procedures.
- Responsible for timely gathering and forwarding of documentation to Carriers requested each quarter for the TPA Group Premiums Audit; for other carriers, semi-annually, annually, or as requested.
- Responsible for completing external client audits: obtaining through interview or questionnaire the clients’ enrollment and premium calculation practices; analyzing a sampling of premium statements and payments; reviewing a sampling of group enrollment records; all to determine the accuracy/appropriateness of premiums reported/paid, the groups’ enrollment practices, and internal NIS application of premiums paid.
- Prepare and provide the Manager acceptable working papers that record and summarize data on the assigned client audits. Release the audit results to the clients and carrier as appropriate.
- Responsible for conducting monthly audits of internal Billing Department employees completed work to determine accuracy of enrollment transactions, premium payment applications; and adherence to Billing processing procedures and Certificate language.
- Responsible for conducting daily audits for a period of time as directed by the Billing Supervisor, of the work completed by new Billing Department employees to determine accuracy of: enrollment transactions, premium payment applications; and adherence to Billing processing procedures and Certificate language.
- Hold preliminary discussions with Billing staff members of apparent deficiencies to verify and obtain explanations of and reasons for each apparent deficiency and document responses. Follow up with staff members to ensure any errors or omissions are corrected.
- Report audit findings of the internal staff members’ work in a monthly log to the Billing Manager and Supervisors.
- Compute the new annual rates for “per employee-per month” rated groups.
- Assist the departmental trainer in the development of training sessions to address the specific needs of the department as a result of audit findings.
- Make suggestions on improving work procedures to maximize productivity and minimize backlog.
- Assist in implementing practices that will significantly increase the efficiency of the billing process.
- Meet multiple schedule deadlines on time.
- Organize workload for efficient time-management.
- Performs various other duties or projects as assigned.
- College degree in Business Administration or related field is required.
- Five (5) years of professional experience in an enrollment/premium billing department in a life & disability insurance environment is desired.
- Expertise in and demonstrated knowledge of the current NIS Billing processes, procedures, and software applications is desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the insurance industry.
- Familiarity with standard auditing practices and procedures and the ability to apply them to each project assigned.
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Must possess strong analytical skills in order to gather, interpret and summarize data.
- Must have good command of the English language, oral and written.
- Must be able to compose written audit reports in a professional manner with supporting documentation as needed.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills including the ability to interview individuals associated with the subject of an audit; and the ability to demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy. Comfortable communication with all levels of management and employees.
- Must be proficient in MS Office products (Word, Excel), data entry and have an aptitude to learn new programs
- Continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials is required.
- Incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal direction.
- Consistent daily attendance and the ability to work overtime occasionally at last minute.
Normal Working Hours and Days:
Monday through Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (or as mutually agreed to by the parties); 30 minute lunch; overtime as required.
- Position is primarily sedentary in nature with relatively equal amounts of sitting, standing, and walking.
- Infrequent light physical effort may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions, position responsibilities, and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
National Insurance Services of Wisconsin, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer.