NOTE: There are two available openings for this position.
Under the direct supervision of the Billing Supervisor performs a variety of administrative functions to achieve departmental objectives and the company’s overall goals.
- Review and accurately process enrollment applications, terminations, and changes based on policy limitations, requesting Evidence of Insurability where required.
- Analyze self-bill premium reports received from groups to ensure accurate calculation of reported lives, volume and premium paid; contacting clients as needed to complete monthly reconciliation.
- Annually request and import electronically the updated census data on all assigned groups.
- Respond to internal and external customer inquiries (phone calls and emails) timely, professionally and courteously.
- Verification of eligibility and coverage/premium data for carriers on claims received.
- Meet multiple schedule deadlines on time.
- Organize workload for efficient time-management.
- Perform various clerical and other duties as assigned.
- College degree with emphasis in math/accounting coursework desired.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the insurance industry, or previous professional experience in an enrollment/premium billing department in an insurance environment a plus.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be proficient in MS Office products (Word, Excel), data entry and have an aptitude to learn new programs.
- Must have demonstrated analytical ability or previous work requiring numerical aptitude.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Must have good command of the English language, oral and written.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills, and the ability to demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal direction.
- Consistent daily attendance and the ability to work overtime occasionally at last minute.
Normal Working Hours and Days:
Monday through Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (or as mutually agreed to by the parties); 1/2 hour lunch; overtime as required.
- Position is primarily sedentary in nature with relatively equal amounts of sitting, standing, and walking.
- Infrequent light physical effort may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions, position responsibilities, and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Please apply using this link.
National Insurance Services of Wisconsin, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer.