NIS is adding clients and we need to expand our Billing Team.
Are you an enthusiastic problem solver who has strong communication skills and an interest in providing accurate information to our Clients? The perfect candidate for our open Billing role is committed to accuracy in reporting, maintaining up-to-date records, resolving billing issues as they arise, and working directly with Clients to provide answers and solutions. Bring an eager can-do attitude and we’ll train you on everything from maintaining records and finding new ways to support our Clients. If you are a great communicator with an eye for detail, apply today!
- Review and accurately process enrollment applications, terminations, and changes based on policy limitations, requesting Evidence of Insurability where required.
- Monthly preparation of accurate and timely premium statements for groups based on the applicable insurance coverages.
- Timely reconcile the premium payments received from groups and accurately input data into designated software program(s).
- Respond to internal and external customer inquiries (phone calls and emails) timely, professionally and courteously.
- Annually update census data on all assigned groups.
- Organize workload for efficient time management.
- Perform various clerical and other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Two (2) years of professional experience in an enrollment/premium billing department in an insurance environment is a plus.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the insurance industry is desired.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be proficient in MS Office products (Word, Excel), data entry and have an aptitude to learn new programs.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
- Must have a good command of the English language, oral and written.
$40,000 yearly plus $3K bonus potential