Account Manager – Minnesota OfficeMay 5, 2020
Under the direct supervision of the Account Representative Manager, this position provides quality and timely customer service to the clients of National Insurance Services.
- Responsible for cross-selling existing accounts and service of existing accounts within the designated Wisconsin geographic territory.
- Serve as the primary contact for groups and works with the Account Representative Manager, WI Regional VP, and Customer Service Manager, Underwriting and other company resources to resolve outstanding issues.
- Identifying and creating client needs for products and services.
- Preparation and oral presentations in a Group setting as required.
- Cross-selling and or hand off to sales of products associated with the Retirement Income Division and Full Benefit Consulting.
- Maintain and update all systems databases and customer files per company guidelines. (CRM)
- Keep the Account Representative Manager, WI Regional VP, and/or Sales Representative(s) fully informed of the status of all projects.
- Assist the Account Representative Manager, WI Regional VP, and/or Sales Representative(s), or others, on special projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the group insurance industry.
- One year experience in a customer service environment or any combination of education and/or experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Group long term disability and life background desired.
- Ability to travel 70% of the time and accommodation of overnight stays multiple times per month.
- Must have a valid WI driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Possess the ability to read and understand insurance contract language.
- Analytical ability is required in order to be able to analyze and identify problems, offer proposed solutions, and implement the agreed-upon solution.
- Must have a good command of the English language, oral and written.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills, and the ability to demonstrate poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, and database software.
- Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials.
- Incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Consistent daily attendance and the ability to work overtime occasionally at the last minute.
Normal Working Hours and Days:
Monday through Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (or as mutually agreed to by the parties); 1-hour lunch; overtime as required.
- Ability to travel by car, plane, or other common means of transportation.
- The position is primarily sedentary in nature with relatively equal amounts of sitting, standing, and walking.
- Infrequent light physical effort may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
National Insurance Services of Wisconsin, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.