Under the supervision of the Vice President of Sales and Service, this position oversees the activities of all Account Representatives, including all Insured products and Retirement Income Account Representatives, in our Minnesota office. This position has overall responsibility for ensuring that our service representatives provide quality and timely customer service to our Insured Product and Retirement Income clients. This position also provides technical, administrative, and compliance support to their reports.
- Evaluate and provide direction on Company Processes and Procedures.
- Accompany Account Representatives for one day of client visits per quarter. Write up the results of these visits to share with AR, RVP, and VP of Sales and Service.
- Proactively contemplate client feedback. Identify opportunities for process improvement and service enhancements.
- Assist with onboarding new Sales and Service personnel through training on resources, tools, and core concepts of our products.
- Investigation and resolution of escalated grievances and complaints.
- Responsible for hiring, training and managing Account Representatives.
- Ensure Account Representatives are discussing cross-selling opportunities and creating sufficient leads for sales staff.
- Works closely with RVP’s on Account Reps daily activity, schedule, responsibilities, cross-selling strategy, etc.
- Serve as Retirement Income compliance liaison and communicate compliance updates to the Account Reps, Client Relations Representatives, Sales Representatives, and Regional Vice Presidents.
- Participate in monthly Partnership calls with our Third-Party Partner and execute tasks assigned in the Partnership Report.
- Establish Retirement Income team procedures.
- Generate reports to monitor workloads, workflow, and service call activity. Address workload imbalance or concerns over timely processing.
- Evaluate, provide direction on and support company processes and procedures.
- Serve on the Management Team. Support major company initiatives (rocks).
- Continually seek ways to enhance the customer experience.
- 5 years’ experience in customer service, preferably in an employee benefits related capacity.
- 2 years of supervisory experience or demonstrated training and ability to directly manage others.
- Health and Life Insurance licenses preferred or the ability to obtain and maintain the licenses within 2 months of date of hire.
- Securities licenses Series 6 and 63 preferred or the ability to obtain and maintain the licenses within 6 months of date of hire.
- Demonstrated analytical skills. Must have a high aptitude for problem identification, investigation, and resolution.
- Must possess a high level of positive interpersonal skills and negotiation skills. Exhibit poise, tact, and diplomacy both to internal and external customers.
- Proficient in Word, Outlook, Excel and Adobe Acrobat. Proven capacity to learn software programs developed in-house and provide recommendations for enhancements.
- Must have an excellent command of the English language both oral and written.
- Attention to detail in interpreting, composing, and proofreading written materials.
- Excel in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple, competing demands. Possesses excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work and make decisions independently and within a team environment.
- Consistent daily attendance and the ability to work overtime occasionally at the last minute.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time and accommodation of overnight trips.
Normal Working Hours and Days:
Monday through Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (or as mutually agreed to by the parties); 1-hour lunch; overtime as required. Requires travel up to 50% of the time, including overnight stay, and will at times involve non-traditional hours.
- Ability to travel by vehicle for long periods of time.
- Position is primarily sedentary in nature with relatively equal amounts of sitting, standing, and walking.
- Infrequent light physical effort may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.