Under the supervision of the Regional VP of Sales, this position provides quality and timely service to assigned Full Benefits Consulting (medical) clients.
This position will require attainment of Life & Health insurance license for each of the states in the assigned region.
- In coordination with the Benefits Consultant:
- Provide face to face customer service to our medical clients
- Attend employee meetings as requested
- Implement and maintain FBC service model
- Attend (and at times, lead) insurance committee meetings, if applicable
- Implement Benefit Administration System if applicable
- Implement benefit enhancements (Grand Rounds, Regenix, etc.), if applicable
- Provide customer service to all LOB’s for medical groups
- Perform annual BP calls for life and LTD
- Work with group/claimants to help resolve claim issues/questions with the carrier.
- Field policy-related questions from group/employees. If needed, follow up with carrier/Consultant/Zywave to answer.
- Renewal Group Set-Up – Work with the carrier to obtain plan documents, rate info, and other items needed to set up the group in the system.
- Document Creation/Assistance – Create Benefit Summaries, reports, mail merges, and other items groups may request in order to administer the plan and open enrollments.
- Document material client/prospect interactions in CRM
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the group insurance industry.
- One-year experience in a customer service environment or any combination of education and/or experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience in servicing group medical insurance plans.
- Ability to travel 70% of the time and accommodation of overnight stays multiple times per month.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Possess the ability to read and understand insurance contract language.
- Analytical ability is required in order to be able to analyze and identify problems, offer proposed solutions, and implement the agreed-upon solution.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills, and the ability to demonstrate poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, and database software.
- Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials.
- Incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Consistent daily attendance and the ability to work overtime occasionally at the last minute.
Normal Working Hours and Days:
Monday through Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (or as mutually agreed to by the parties); 1-hour lunch; overtime as required.
- Ability to travel by car, plane, or other common means of transportation.
- The position is primarily sedentary in nature with relatively equal amounts of sitting, standing, and walking.
- Infrequent light physical effort may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
National Insurance Services of Wisconsin, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
 In certain instances, at Regional VP discretion, the servicing of the Life and Disability will continue to be performed by the Account Rep.