Under the direct supervision of the Controller, this position effectively and accurately completes tasks relating to the monthly accounting cycle, the reconciliation of data and aiding in the preparation of financial statements for National Insurance Services.
- Enter Revenue into NIS Proprietary System
- Enter Revenue related Transactions into the Ledger System
- Investigate and Resolve data issues with internal and external entities.
- Accurately reconcile General Ledger accounts
- Creation of supporting schedules for reporting and audit
- Develop processes and procedures for accounting tasks
- Research and respond to inquiries from internal and external customers
- Projects as assigned
- Provide support for other members of the department
- Follow the Core values
- Associate’s degree in Accounting or Equivalent
- Two or more years’ experience working in an Accounting environment. Must possess knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within an Accounting environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Analytical ability is required in order to analyze and identify problems, offer proposed solutions and implement the agreed upon solution
- Meet multiple schedule deadlines on time
- Must have good command of the English language, oral and written
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills, and the ability to demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications, especially in Excel and other Microsoft 360 programs
- Ability and willingness to learn the nuances of accounting in an insurance environment.
- Incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with a demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek manager’s assistance as appropriate
- Work requires continual attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Consistent daily attendance and the ability to work overtime occasionally at last minute
Normal Working Hours and Days:
Monday through Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (or as mutually agreed to by the parties); 1-hour lunch; overtime as required.
- Position is primarily sedentary in nature with relatively equal amounts of sitting, standing, and walking.
- Infrequent light physical effort may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and sills required of personnel so classified.
National Insurance Services of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.