Under the supervision of the Customer Service Supervisor, this position provides quality and timely customer service to the clients of National Insurance Services and technical and administrative support to the Account Representatives, Sales Representatives, and Regional Vice President for the assigned region(s).
This position will require attainment of Life & Health insurance license for each of the states in the assigned region.
- Upon the sale of a case, communicates with customers to obtain enrollment materials and collaborating with the Underwriting and Billing departments to complete new case implementation.
- Handle all aspects of review and distribution of plan documents (Joinder/Application, Certificates, and Amendments).
- Effectively service assigned caseload through annual service calls. Proactively identify need for insurance policy revisions through service calls. Support Account Representatives, Sales Representatives, and Regional Vice President by handling action items identified in service visits.
- Respond to frequent customer inquiries via telephone (inbound and outbound), e-mail, or letter. Counsel clients on appropriate administrative practices to ensure compliance and alignment with insurance policy language.
- Initiate requests for policy language updates to carriers. Negotiate with carrier for provision updates and/or rate impact, and effectively communicate rate impact and policy language accommodations to Regional Vice President, Sales Representatives, Account Representative, or client.
- Review and evaluate monthly renewal actions for assigned cases and prepare renewal letters. Collaborate with Account Representatives, Sales Representatives, or Regional Vice President for renewal delivery to the client.
- Maintain and update all systems databases and customer files per company guidelines.
- Collaborate with Customer Service Supervisor or Customer Service Manager to identify opportunities for process improvement or service enhancements.
- Two years experience in customer service, preferably in an employee benefits related capacity.
- Ability to read and interpret insurance policy language, and effectively communicate policy language and intent to customers.
- Demonstrated analytical skills. Must have a high aptitude for problem identification, investigation, and resolution.
- Must possess a high level of positive interpersonal skills and negotiation skills. Exhibit poise, tact, and diplomacy both to internal and external customers.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat. Proven capacity to learn software programs developed in-house.
- Must have excellent command of the English language; oral and written. Moderate mathematical skills are required.
- Attention to detail in interpreting, composing, and proofreading written materials.
- Excels in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple, competing demands. Possesses excellent organizational skills.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to learn and apply concepts around new products, services, and procedural enhancements.
- Ability to work and make decisions independently and within a team environment.
- Consistent daily attendance and the ability to work overtime occasionally at last minute.
Normal Working Hours and Days:
Monday through Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (or as mutually agreed to by the parties); 1 hour lunch; overtime as required.
- Position is primarily sedentary in nature with relatively equal amounts of sitting, standing, and walking.
- Infrequent light physical effort may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
National Insurance Services of Wisconsin, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.